Tuesday, 29 December 2009
You can read the news article about it here.
With a proposal like this on the table, we'd like to remind you to please get in touch with your local SNP and / or Lib Dem councillors to ask them to support moves to keep the crèches open. You can see details of who they are in the previous post.
Wednesday, 23 December 2009
A wee update before everyone breaks for Christmas and New Year.
The Council Motion (which you can see if you click the link) was very good news.
However in reality, it means nothing unless the Councillors remember their support when they put forward their budget in 2010.
In case that budget commitment doesn’t happen, we also need to keep:
- progressing discussions with Edinburgh Leisure themselves (they have now offered User Group meetings in the New Year)
- petitioning our own Councillors – and those whose wards include the creches – to keep them aware of the need for these vital services.
So please have a good break but also:
1. Get in touch (via link to right) AND confirm which crèche you use most often (for the User Group meetings)
2. contact your own Councillors again and - especially – contact those listed below because SNP/LDP have overall Council control :
Ainslie Park (Forth ward)
- Steve Cardownie (SNP)
- Elaine Morris (LDP)
- Colin Keir (SNP)
- Robert Aldridge (LDP)
- Tom Buchanan (SNP)
- Conor Snowden (LDP)
- Michael Bridgman (SNP)
- Stephen Hawkins (LDP)
Seasons Greetings and thanks for your continued support!
Chair of the Royal College of GPs Scotland, Dr. Ken Lawton, said:
"Access to affordable methods of maintaining and improving health and wellbeing are vital. This is important to all groups in the community, including families, and reasonable support is key to enabling their use of these services. Closure of all crèches is likely to have a very negative impact on this group."
Friday, 18 December 2009
The demonstrators at the City Chambers yesterday made front page news in the Edinburgh Evening News. The good news for our campaign is that councillors unanimously passed a motion which allows us and Edinburgh Leisure to continue to look for alternatives to closure. More details in the New Year - there's lots of work to be done and we're going to need everyone's support!
Thursday, 17 December 2009
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
Monday, 14 December 2009
Friday, 11 December 2009
Thursday, 10 December 2009
Tuesday, 8 December 2009
You can find your local councillors through this link.
Monday, 7 December 2009
Thursday 10th December - 10.45-11.45am outside Ainslie Park Leisure Centre, 92 Pilton Drive, Edinburgh EH5 2HF
Friday 11th December - 10.30-11am outside Portobello Swim Centre, 57 The Promenade, Edinburgh EH15 2BS
Friday 11th December - 10.15-11.15am outside Gracemount Leisure Centre 22 Gracemount Drive, Edinburgh, EH16 6RN
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
- outside Ainslie Park between 10.30 and 11.30 on Thursday 10th Dec, and
- outside Portobello Swim centre at 10.30 on Friday 11th Dec.
Others may follow at Gracemount and Drumbrae - just let us know what you're planning there and we'll spread the word. Come and join us at any of the demos if you can - and most important of all, remember our demo outside the City Chambers on the Royal Mile Thursday 17th Dec 09.30 to 10.30.
(You can find the piece about 2 minutes and 50 seconds in).
Keep up the good work, and please use the email address to let us know of any other coverage you see.
- Labour Councillors To Oppose Edinburgh Leisure Bud...
- Merry Christmas to All - But Before You Put Your F...
- GPs Support Crèche Campaign
- Front Page News as Councillors Approve Motion
- A Massive Thank You To All Demonstrators
- Please Come To The Demo Tomorrow
- ... And In Porty Too!
- Gracemount Demo Shows Great Support
- Crèche Campaign - Motion to be Put to Full Council...
- Demo at Ainslie Park
- Early Day Motion in the UK Parliament
- Please ask your councillor to act
- Don't Forget The Local Demos!
- Campaign Relaunch Gets More Coverage
- Next Week Local Demos At Ainslie Park And Portobel...
- Save Our Crèche Campaign - STV Coverage 2 December...
- ▼ December (16)